Fiberglass elbows are preferred for applications that require improved durability, corrosion resistance or weight reduction. The fiberglass construction withstands friction better than other common materials and protects against burn-through when pulling cable. Allied Tube & Conduit offers a full array of elbows including various end types, trade sizes, angles and radii.
- NO BURN-THROUGH: Unlike rigid PVC, epoxy fiberglass bends and elbows have a strong resistance to being cavitated or pierced as a result of rope pull.
- LOW COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION: The coefficient of friction is lower than steel and considerably lower than PVC. This means that electrical cables are easier to pull through, resulting in labor saving and less costly manholes.
- LIGHT WEIGHT: Considerably lighter than steel and lighter than PVC SCH.40
- CORROSION RESISTANT: Epoxy fiberglass is not affected by the effects of water or most other chemicals.
- COMPLIES WITH: THE LATEST UL / CSA / NEMA STANDARDS